Thread: Hamvention 2024

Hamvention 2024

Anybody going?

If so, could I trouble you for a few snapshots?

[ I was supposed to go, but my ride fell through, and I have to be at work late on Thursday (new airline, IcelandAir, is launching from PIT, the top brass expect me to present... so it goes). Trying to snag a ride to try and make Saturday, but so far no luck. ]
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

The 10M Gang is down there. I had to stay home - closing on the old place by the end of the month and need help getting some things moved. Thus, you work around the help's schedules.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

any announcements that matter (other than LotW and other ARRL properties having been off the air for the whole time?)
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Ten Tec announced the Omni VIII, due out this fall and in the $2K price range.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

I saw that somewhere yesterday and felt confused. I was under the impression that there would no longer be a Ten Tec unless they made a deal with China because they just weren't going to manufacture here anymore. Shuttered facility etc and all that.
    That was a couple of years ago. Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I saw that somewhere yesterday and felt confused. I was under the impression that there would no longer be a Ten Tec unless they made a deal with China because they just weren't going to manufacture here anymore. Shuttered facility etc and all that.
    That was a couple of years ago. Now what?
    Don’t listen to the trolls.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

ביטע גיט ניט עסן די טראָلن

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Ten Tec announced the Omni VIII, due out this fall and in the $2K price range.
    I'll believe it when I see it. (Former owner of an Omni VI and VII...)

Quote Originally Posted by W6UV View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. (Former owner of an Omni VI and VII...)
    Me three.

I’m sure Mike is sincere. And I know he’s had complications beyond his control. So I say this without malice... I want him to pull this off, I really do.

But I’ll believe it when I see it.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!