This was sent out on the OPDX Mailing List about 20 minutes ago:
---------
On Wednesday, December 20, 2023 at 01:35:26 PM EST, Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW) <kb8nw@barf80.nshore.org> wrote:

The following was reported on FaceBook (Ham Radio Operators) and
the WTDXA Mail List......

Hi Brian,

Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, CQ has temporarily suspended publication at this time. We are working very hard to secure the necessary funding to resume operations but until we can make those arrangements, everything is unfortunately on hold. PDF copies of our April-September issues may be downloaded from our website at www.cq-amateur-radio.com (links at the bottom of the home page), and I am attaching a copy of the October issue, which is at this point the most recent published issue. Our apologies for this inconvenience and we hope to be back up and running soon.

Vy 73 for very happy holidays and 2024,

Rick W2VU
Editor
----
CQ Magazine no more?
Well I have been calling this for a few years now --- looks like my prediction has become true - CQ Magazine might have gone out of business.Steve W4DTA
================================================== ==============
Many hams have noted not receiving paper copies of CQ magazine since earlier this year, and the last electronically published issue was October.

Quoting Rich Moseson, W2VU, editor of CQ Magazine: “Unfortunately, CQ has temporarily suspended publishing at this time. We are working very hard to secure the necessary funding to continue operations but until we can make those arrangements, everything is on hold.”

The CQ contests will continue to be held, uninterrupted, by the WWROF (as they have been for many years now).

I myself - the CQ Contesting Editor for the past several years - am launching a contesting website that will specialize in short turnaround news flashes and gossip from the contesting world.

Tim N3QE