Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Just Pulled the Trigger…

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    So, it's a computer that just happens to identify as a radio.
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that…
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

True true

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

The Yaesu FT-710 ranks right up with the big rigs and outperforms (on receive) some pretty awesome and expensive pieces of kit.

http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

The radios now are like comparing an ls swap to a big block. More power from a smaller package.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    The radios now are like comparing an ls swap to a big block. More power from a smaller package.
    Yeah. A factory 16-valve DOHC 4-banger with fuel injection and a turbo is putting out as much HP as the normally aspirated small block Chevy V-8s we used to build back in the day. Still can’t compare in low-end torque, though.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by NQ6U View Post
    Yeah. A factory 16-valve DOHC 4-banger with fuel injection and a turbo is putting out as much HP as the normally aspirated small block Chevy V-8s we used to build back in the day. Still can’t compare in low-end torque, though.
    Years ago there was a compilation of drag cars coming off the line showing torque twisting not only the bodies but the frames. Some of those cars looked like they were about to flip themselves sideways and roll off the track although I have never actually witnessed that.
    The classic wheelie flip was much more common.

[edit]: Want to get into some ridiculous numbers for a small motor straight from the factory? Ford Bronco. I drove one back from ATL with the manual transmission, 4 cylinder version, had torque for days!
    Of course the new 2024's have updated a little.

https://brandonford.com/blog/what-ar...-and-specs-phc

The Gigaparts site isn't working.
    I place my order and it said I didn't complete the reCAPTCHA (rC) so it wasn't working. Bottom righthand corner there is an rC symbol partially covered up by a Google self promotion ad extolling the virtues of Google 5 star security.
    I can't pull up the rC to click on it properly nor can I get anything to move forward.

I turned off my ad-blocker and reloaded the page. No change. That's where we stand.

Update: my Firefox browser wasn't good enough. Chrome worked and properly.

Received my confirmation email.

Now if you're wondering why I waited until now, two things.
    1) I waited until the unit was in stock at GP.
    2) I also waited until I was in a buying mood. It doesn't matter when it comes to luxury, hobby items etc, if I'm not in a buyer's mood, it ain't happening.
    About 15 years ago my aunt told me that I should be a stand up comedian. I told her that I was too moody for that shit.

Which radio did you decide on, Charles?